Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org> on 2007/10/18 04:15:47 UTC

Jira submissions

Somewhere a few days ago, I was told that Jira was the best place to put up
submissions that you want to give back to the community.

The question is, how does the community find those submissions that have not
been included in the release but might be right for them?  Say I am looking
for a modified pos, or a new accounting UI or a fix to the way payments are
applied?

I have just spent a half an hour browsing Jira and can't seem to figure out
how to identify these submissions.

Perhaps I am using the wrong url at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ ?

Skip

Re: Jira submissions

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
when a jira is created or modified it generates a email on the dev ML.
I filter them into a folder to review.
for the ones I have submitted, I can get a list once I login
you can use
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa
and put in POS as a query. hightligh ofbiz if you want only ofbiz
related issues.

skip@theDevers sent the following on 10/17/2007 7:15 PM:

Re: Jira submissions

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
skip@theDevers wrote:
> Thanks to everyone.  I'll try these and see what turns up.  Manually sifting
> through hundreds of Jira issues does not seem all that appealing.

It gets easier with practice. ;-)

RE: Jira submissions

Posted by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
Thanks to everyone.  I'll try these and see what turns up.  Manually sifting
through hundreds of Jira issues does not seem all that appealing.

> Somewhere a few days ago, I was told that Jira was the best place to put
up
> submissions that you want to give back to the community.

I was probably the one that suggested this. The main reason is for
license issues and to be sure to be able to track the history of a
contribution.

> The question is, how does the community find those submissions that have
not
> been included in the release but might be right for them?  Say I am
looking
> for a modified pos, or a new accounting UI or a fix to the way payments
are
> applied?

I know that searching for contributions in Jira is not very user
friendly, however what I had in mind is the following:

1) you create and maintain a web site or a blog or even *better* a page
in the OFBiz Wiki site (Confluence) where you describe all the
contributions (not in trunk) that in your opinion are valuable ones

2) for the file download you point directly to the Jira issues

3) most of all, you will accept new contribution only thru the Apache Jira

> I have just spent a half an hour browsing Jira and can't seem to figure
out
> how to identify these submissions.
>
> Perhaps I am using the wrong url at
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ ?

The url is the right one; I'm not an expert but there are a few reports
that could help you with this, the reports are all located at the top
right part of the above page; for example you may have a look at the
"Contribution Report":

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ConfigureReport!default.jspa?selectedP
rojectId=12310500&reportKey=com.sourcelabs.jira.plugin.report.contributions:
contributionreport

Jacopo

Re: Jira submissions

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Skip,

RE: Jira submissions

Posted by "skip@theDevers" <sk...@thedevers.org>.
Jonathon

Hmmm, well, an organized web site dedicated to those submissions would make
them way easier to find.  It's bad enough doing the development without
spending hours and hours digging through Jira to find these.

Posted by Jonathon -- Improov <jo...@improov.com>.