Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Frances Aleah Z. de Guzman" <ad...@ingenium.com.ph> on 2003/06/05 02:54:35 UTC

Re: struts validator

how can i fix it?

--
Frances Aleah Z. De Guzman
SA/Programmer

Disclaimer :
This message is intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the
strictly prohibited.

Re: struts validator

Posted by "Frances Aleah Z. de Guzman" <ad...@ingenium.com.ph>.
but its weird though, coz its working with our other pcs...maybe its becoz of
the OS...well im not sure! im using redhat 7.3 and the other pcs are redhat 9

Re: struts validator

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
Mark Galbreath wrote:
 > You know, I just don't get it. I think Validator was a great idea that
 > simply proved wrong in implementation.  And I know I am not alone it
 > this assessment.

I've been using the Validator for about two and half years now, and I
have to agree, that it does seem to be finicky to setup at first,
especially when I move from one implementation to another.

One problem may be confusion between the two Validator classes. (One
uses the mapping attribute and the other uses the mapping path.)

But, once it is in, it works like a charm. It works particularly well
with DynaActionForms, since you can then define both the ActionForm
properties and their validations in XML.

In fact, the only problem is that it doesn't go far enough. What would
be truly useful would being able to define both the ValidatorForm
attributes and the DynaProperties as part of the same element. For extra
credit, you could throw in an attribute to define what type of UI
control the form is suppose to use. From there, it's not hard to imagine
a tag that could look at this "MetaForm" and actually write a simple
form for you. Update the MetaForm element, and the controls are added
and subtracted ... as if by magic =:0)

-Ted.

--
Ted Husted,

Re: struts validator

Posted by "Frances Aleah Z. de Guzman" <ad...@ingenium.com.ph>.
but my pc is connected to the net. but i have this compilation error "no route
to host <the url of the validation dtd>"...but my struts-config.dtd works
fine.

Re: struts validator

Re: struts validator

Posted by Mark Lowe <ma...@talk21.com>.
Not sure all this talk of validator is that justifiable. I've had no
issues generating both the client side and server side validation, and
its saved me a lot of work.

Like others i think it would be nice to define form beans and
validation rules in the same place but I like it as it is, unless
anybody has any alternatives?

Thats my 2 pence..

Mark

Re: struts validator

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.

RE: struts validator

Re: struts validator

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.

RE: struts validator

Posted by Mark Galbreath <ma...@qat.com>.

Re: struts validator

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.

RE: struts validator

Re: struts validator

Posted by Jeff Kyser <kt...@comcast.net>.
I assume you have javascript enabled on your browser?