Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de> on 2003/04/07 08:15:46 UTC

[IMPORTANT] BugZilla Versions

Hi,

we have now two cvs repositories for 2.x versions, one for 2.0 and one for
2.1;
but we have only one module entry in bugzilla.

Now, if you want to file a bug, you have to choose the version. Until
recently,
you could choose between the released versions (2.0, 2.0.1 etc) and "Current
CVS".
As we now have two "Current CVSs", this is not enough for us.
So, I guess we have two possibilities:
a) create a second bugzilla module for 2.1
b) create more versions

For a quick workaround, I followed b) and changed "Current CVS" to "Current
CVS 2.0"
and added "Current CVS 2.1". Of course, this might be a little bit
confusing.

So, what can we do?

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler
Open Source Group, S&N AG
http://radio.weblogs.com/0107211/

Re: [IMPORTANT] BugZilla Versions

Posted by Tim Myers <ph...@pirouline.sts.jhu.edu>.
> Hmm, I think "old" might create the wrong impression (old = not supported
> anymore).
> But I have no better suggestion :) ...

stable

RE: [IMPORTANT] BugZilla Versions

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> > ...As we now have two "Current CVSs", this is not enough for us.
> > So, I guess we have two possibilities:
> > a) create a second bugzilla module for 2.1
>
> I don't like this, would prevent one from searching in all releases at
> the same time, wouldn't it?

Agreed.

> > b) create more versions
>
> +1
>
> > For a quick workaround, I followed b) and changed "Current CVS" to
> > "Current
> > CVS 2.0" and added "Current CVS 2.1". Of course, this might be a
> > little bit
> > confusing.
>
> Ok but there are several CVS repositories so it basically makes sense,
> it's just the repeated use of "current" that is confusing IMHO.

Ah yes, good catch!

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Lundi, 7 avr 2003, à 08:15 Europe/Zurich, Carsten Ziegeler a écrit :

> ...As we now have two "Current CVSs", this is not enough for us.
> So, I guess we have two possibilities:
> a) create a second bugzilla module for 2.1

I don't like this, would prevent one from searching in all releases at
the same time, wouldn't it?

> b) create more versions

+1

> For a quick workaround, I followed b) and changed "Current CVS" to
> "Current
> CVS 2.0" and added "Current CVS 2.1". Of course, this might be a
> little bit
> confusing.

Ok but there are several CVS repositories so it basically makes sense,
it's just the repeated use of "current" that is confusing IMHO.

Maybe use

  old 2.0 CVS
  current CVS (2.1)

as versions names, and move to