Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Jayaraman, Venkatesh" <jv...@cisco.com> on 2006/01/11 20:03:46 UTC

Tomcat High Session counts (RE: AXIS, SOAP and cookie based routing)

Let me answer my own posting here again ..;D

All tomcat web server clients including soap clients need to follow two
rfcs with respect to HTTP protocol.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2616.html
Hypertext Transfer Protocol -HTTP/1.1

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2109.txt
HTTP State Management Mechanism

Failing to do this on Axis Client side results in high session counts on
tomcat server.

Please follow the steps advised in
http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Axis/AxisClientConfiguration

Great FAQs page ..Thanks