Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Naren gs <na...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/26 17:08:11 UTC

Failed to start Apache Kafka

Hello,
I am  starter in Apache Kafka, I downloaded the latest version and on running the config of zookeeper I get an error as below:

[0.001s][warning][gc] -Xloggc is deprecated. Will use -Xlog:gc:/Users/user-mac/Documents/js/kafka_2.11-0.11.0.1/bin/../logs/zookeeper-gc.log instead.
Unrecognized VM option 'PrintGCDateStamps'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

I am using Java 9.

Can you help me to solve this issue.

Regards,
Naren G S