Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Bill Stoddard <bi...@wstoddard.com> on 2001/08/30 16:10:20 UTC

Re: Apache 2.0 on IBM iSeries (AS/400)

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on Linux and also AS/400 (yes there is Unix hackers
> using that exotic OS)
>
> Since OS/400 release V5R1, Apache 2.0 is included :)))
> Reported as Apache 2.0.18 (beta ?)
>
> It's very pleasant to reuse httpd.conf on AS/400.
>
> Did you know if it the same code base and if the IBM teams
> (iSeries) back port some stuff to the ORIGINAL code base.
>
> Did they also use APR ?

Yep, it's the same code base. The iSeries team has submitted some patches to roll code
back into the open source repository.  A good number of their changes to the core are
probably a bit too iSeries specific to roll into the open source code base at this point
(translated error messages for instance). And yes, they use APR (the unix tree). The
iSeries http server based on Apache 2.0 is a work in progress. As 2.0 nears completion, we
will probably see more code rolled back into open source.

Rob Simonson is on the iSeries team and is occasionally active on this list.  Maybe he can
elaborate...

Bill