Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Saffarini <ah...@yahoo.com> on 2009/12/08 11:43:22 UTC

Need maven to build my project to a specific structure

Hi,

i'm new to maven, i need maven to build a jar with this structure for my
project:

_____________________________
ProjectName.jar-->
                    META-INF
                    com.project

classes folder
____________________________

am using the following pom.xml but am getting "maven" folder with src inside
META-INF.

<build>
	<plugins>
	  <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-invoker-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>1.4</version>
            <configuration>
              <projectsDirectory>src\com\</projectsDirectory>
              <cloneProjectsTo>C:\MavenProjects\\target</cloneProjectsTo>
              <pomIncludes>
                <pomInclude>*\pom.xml</pomInclude>
              </pomIncludes>
              <postBuildHookScript>verify</postBuildHookScript>
              <localRepositoryPath>C:\Documents and
Settings\Saffarini\.m2\repository\</localRepositoryPath>
              <goals>
                <goal>clean</goal>
                <goal>package</goal>
              </goals>
              <settingsFile>C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\apache-maven-2.2.1\conf\settings.xml</settingsFile>
              <debug>true</debug>
            </configuration>
	</plugin>
	</plugins>
	</build>

and am getting the following message:

INFO] [jar:jar {execution: resources_common}]
[WARNING] JAR will be empty - no content was marked for inclusion!

Re: Need maven to build my project to a specific structure

Posted by Alexander <th...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, explanation is really cumbersome

2009/12/8 Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>

> I'm sorry, but I don't understand your desired structure. However, it
> shouldn't really matter. Not sure why your using the invoker plugin, I
> believe you should have a look at the assembly plugin:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-assembly-plugin/
>
> /Anders
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 11:43, Saffarini <ah...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> >
> > i'm new to maven, i need maven to build a jar with this structure for my
> > project:
> >
> > _____________________________
> > ProjectName.jar-->
> >                    META-INF
> >                    com.project
> >
> > classes folder
> > ____________________________
> >
> > am using the following pom.xml but am getting "maven" folder with src
> > inside
> > META-INF.
> >
> > <build>
> >        <plugins>
> >          <plugin>
> >            <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
> >            <artifactId>maven-invoker-plugin</artifactId>
> >            <version>1.4</version>
> >            <configuration>
> >              <projectsDirectory>src\com\</projectsDirectory>
> >              <cloneProjectsTo>C:\MavenProjects\\target</cloneProjectsTo>
> >              <pomIncludes>
> >                <pomInclude>*\pom.xml</pomInclude>
> >              </pomIncludes>
> >              <postBuildHookScript>verify</postBuildHookScript>
> >              <localRepositoryPath>C:\Documents and
> > Settings\Saffarini\.m2\repository\</localRepositoryPath>
> >              <goals>
> >                <goal>clean</goal>
> >                <goal>package</goal>
> >              </goals>
> >              <settingsFile>C:\Program Files\Apache Software
> > Foundation\apache-maven-2.2.1\conf\settings.xml</settingsFile>
> >              <debug>true</debug>
> >            </configuration>
> >        </plugin>
> >        </plugins>
> >        </build>
> >

> > and am getting the following message:
> >
> > INFO] [jar:jar {execution: resources_common}]
> > [WARNING] JAR will be empty - no content was marked for inclusion!
> >
> > --

Alexander

Re: Need maven to build my project to a specific structure

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.