Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Andreas Schildbach <an...@schildba.ch> on 2002/12/03 12:18:26 UTC

JSTL: Nesting inside

hello,

in my jsp, i'd like to do something like this:

<x:transform xml="${xml}" xslt="${xsl}">
   <c:if test="${condition}">
        <x:param name="paramname" value="paramvalue"/>
   </c:if>
</x:transform>

intended semantics: depending on the condition, the xsl transformation is
invoked with a parameter or no parameter.

unfortunately, i constantly receive this error message:

"Encountered illegal body of tag "x:transform" tag, given its attributes."

my configuration is as follows:
jdk 1.4.1
tomcat 4.1.12
jstl 1.02

could anyone help me out?

regards,

andreas

Re: JSTL: Nesting inside

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Andreas Schildbach wrote:

> hello,
>
> in my jsp, i'd like to do something like this:
>
> <x:transform xml="${xml}" xslt="${xsl}">
>    <c:if test="${condition}">
>         <x:param name="paramname" value="paramvalue"/>
>    </c:if>
> </x:transform>

The JSTL spec does not allow for that. The only tags allowed within the
body of the <x:transform> tag are <x:param> tags - not <c:if> or anything
else.

--
Martin Cooper