Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Duane Rosengartner <DR...@excentus.com> on 2005/08/12 19:50:14 UTC

Tomcat 5 issue

I need to know if Tomcat has a request timeout that can be configured.
Looking into the server.xml, I see timeouts related to database
connections, and session, and something called tcpSelectorTimeout

I have a wierd scenario:
Typically, logging massive amounts of data will overburden memory usage
and create OutOfMemory exception in the JVM. We have a situation where
running in DEBUG mode works where ERROR mode does not. This is backwards
to what we are used to seeing. I believe if we up the minutes for our
request timeout, we might be able to alleviate this issue. My hunch is
that queuing the log.write is circumventing the request timeout; by the
time the queue is empty, the objects are built and ready to render the
page. In ERROR mode(log4J), the browser just quits after 2 minutes.
Nothing in the log looks suspicious.

Duane