Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by nitishgarg <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/24 07:56:08 UTC

How to write a custom stemmer for Apache Solr

 have figured out that the stemmers already built in Apache Solr are
contained in org.apache.lucene.analysis.nl.* (for Dutch) but I can't find
this package in my Lucene folder.
Also I need to write a stemmer for marathi language, any help how should I
proceed?

Re: How to write a custom stemmer for Apache Solr

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
In trunk, it'll be somewhere like:
\modules\analysis\common\src\java\org\apache\lucene\analysis\nl

but you haven't said what version you're using. Modules is a relatively
new division of code, so it may be in contrib if you're on an earlier
version.

I have no clue about the details of what a Marathi stemmer should #do#, but
it's just another filter from the Solr perspective, so model it on
any of the filters. Subclass from TokenFilter. Probably LowerCaseFilter
is a good model. Drop the resulting jar in a place Solr can find it and you
should be good.

Best
Erick

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Hi

Have you tried Lucene-HunSpell with Marathi dictionary ?

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com