Posted to users@openjpa.apache.org by shriram <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2009/05/14 19:14:14 UTC

OpenJPA for Content Servers

Hi,

I work for a Documentum Based product development company. Is there any way OpenJPA applied for Content Servers.

Thanks
sriram

Re: OpenJPA for Content Servers

Posted by Michael Dick <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sriram,

It largely depends on how you communicate with docbase. JPA (typically)
interacts with JDBC, if there's a JDBC interface to the docbase you're using
then it will be fairly straightforward to use a JPA provider to do the
interactions.

If there isn't a JDBC driver for docbase then it's more difficult. OpenJPA
supports different back ends, but you'd have to write a fair bit of code to
talk to docbase's interface.

hope this helps,
-mike

Posted by Kevin Sutter <kw...@gmail.com>.