Posted to dev@brooklyn.apache.org by Alex Heneveld <al...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2015/06/22 00:17:49 UTC

brooklyn 0.7.0 binary release almost ready, with tutorial YAML examples

Hi All-

In prep for 0.7.0 I've been putting together a set of YAML templates to
be shown by default in the GUI to give an explanatory series in the
project, covering:

* 1 - provisioning a VM
* 2 - provisioning an entity which has a VM, start scripts for a python
web server, and a simple sensor for the URL
* 3 - combining 2 with a pre-defined blueprint (riak cluster) and doing
dependency injection
* 4 - making a cluster of 2 collecting metrics, enriching them, and
adding a load balancer

This is at [1].  I would be grateful if a few people could test this
ASAP and comment.  It's not perfect but I think it starts to give a
better out-of-box experience (placeholder until we have a drag-and-drop
GUI!).

Some of the code changes (e.g. adding nice YAML enrichers and sensor
coercion) are obscure so if you're relative new, please try it out but
don't feel obliged to review that.

I've also added some JS GUI fixes; all this I'd really like to make it
in to 0.7.0.  (Sorry for the delay in getting this in!)  I'd also like
to see the OpenStack security group fix in light of recent comments to
the list.

So for the 0.7.0 release let's focus on:

* These examples:  #705
* JS GUI fixes:  #703 (general), #704 (Martin's observed problems
managing versioned locations)
* OpenStack security groups:  #694

And then roll on RC1 !!!

Best