Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/07 03:32:32 UTC

Jira setup ...

Hello

Did some initial setup for our NiFi JIRA instance:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI

Setup some default components.  These are certainly subject to change as
needed and appropriate but wanted to get something setup to provide framing
for further discussion.  Did some research on what other projects like
Hadoop, Accumulo, Falcon, Kafka, Flume, Storm, Spark, Marmotta, HBase, and
others have done to help provide some alignment/consistency but also based
on what seemed to make sense for NiFi.

Updated the permissions.  Specifically added those on the incubator
proposal as 'PMC' members (PPMC in our case).  Benson I believe this
addresses your NIFI-103 ticket but if you think I've interpreted that role
incorrectly let me know and I'll correct it.  I was not able to see what
other projects do in this area so just took a best guess.  Definitely
curious what the other mentors think here.

Jason Carey: I could not add you to Jira because it couldn't find you.  If
you make a Jira account please let me know and I'll correct that.

Added an initial version entry 0.0.1.  Will start doing some initial
binning for the existing tickets.  Very much looking forward to when we can
import the code and get this party started.

Please provide feedback and ideas as necessary.

Thanks all!

Joe

Re: Jira setup ...

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
Joe, I wrote the JIRA as a somewhat ironic way of passing the baby to you
(plural). I'll have a look, but I doubt you've come up with anything that
would disturb a mentor.

Re: Jira setup ...

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.
Jason - ok you're all set.