Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org> on 2018/03/07 23:24:33 UTC

Podling setup

How is this supposed to work? Is the podling supposed to log INFRA tickets for everything? Am I supposed to nag the IPMC chair for everything? Or should I reach out to friends who happen to be PMC chairs?

The red tape is getting me down.

Julian

Re: Podling setup

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
I can help as well.  I'm without power presently :-( but feel free to ping
me like you did for mailing lists.

Re: Podling setup

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 4:02 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 09/03/18 08:42, Julian Hyde wrote:
> > I saw the mentor’s guide, went to selfserve as it suggested, and
> selfserve would not let me log in. (It still won’t.) So, the line "Most of
> the resources you will request can be done via Self Service.” is not true.
> >
> > Thanks for fixing LDAP.
>
> No problem.
>
> I've dug into the selfserve.a.o code and I can confirm that those pages
> are restricted to root, secretary and PMC chairs. Mentors are not
> included so the guide needs updating (or selfserve.a.o changing).
>
> I haven't yet dug into how Whimsy identifies mentors. That is next on my
> TODO list to see if there is an easy patch that could be proposed for
> selfserve.a.o

For some reason, I thought I already had a ticket in to fix selfserve to be
all IPMC members.  I can't find that request, so I'm assuming it doesn't
already exist.

I apologize for the pain that selfserve is creating.  I have updated the
mentor guide to clarify that if it's not working, you should go back to the
old method (in addition to cleaning up the bad links to servicedesk).

John

Re: Podling setup

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.

Re: Podling setup