Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robbert van Andel <ro...@vafam.com> on 2003/04/04 08:05:36 UTC

[users@httpd] FrontPage Extension Install

I've been having trouble getting frontpage extensions installed on my
server.  I'm running Red Hat 7.3 and apache 1.3.27.    My directory is
owned by a specified username and group (vafam.vafam).  I have front
page extensions version 5.0 downloaded.    The problem is I get the
following error

Error: Cannot create folder "_vti_pvt".

I'm setting the frontpage admin username to fpadmin (I understand from
Microsoft this is a none unix username, but I have tried vafam, and root
as well).

I'm setting the username and group to vafam.

What am I doing wrong?

Here is the final few parts of the install process
Would you like interactive prompting for each webs owner/group (y/n)
[Y]?
grep: /usr/local/frontpage/*.cnf: No such file or directory
Skipping non patched-apache web /usr/local/frontpage/*.cnf

    1.  LATIN1 (ISO 8859-1)
    2.  LATIN2 (ISO 8859-2)
    3.  EUCJP  (Japanese EUC)
    4.  EUCKR  (Korean EUC)
Which local character encoding does your system support: [1]

    1.  English
    2.  French
    3.  German
    4.  Italian
    5.  Japanese
    6.  Spanish
What should the default language be: [1]

Setting /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/frontpage.cnf to:

defaultLanguage:en
localCharEncoding:latin1

Copying /usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/frontpage.cnf to
/usr/local/frontpage/ve
rsion5.0/frontpage.cnf.orig

Creating and modifying new
/usr/local/frontpage/version5.0/frontpage.cnf...

  Note: Local version of Apache must use the FrontPage Apache patch.
  See http://www.microsoft.com/frontpage/ for more details.

Note: If you have not installed the root web then you need to do it now.

Do you want to install a root web (y/n) [Y]?

Installing the root web...

Server config filename:  /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
FrontPage Administrator's user name:  fpadmin

Getting User from /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
Unix user name of the owner of this new web: [nobody]  vafam

Getting Group from /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf
Unix group of this new web: [nobody]  vafam
Installing root web into port 80...

installing server  /  on port  80

Will chown web to vafam as part of install.
Will chgrp web to vafam as part of install.
Note: Local version of Apache must use the FrontPage Apache patch.
Starting install, port: 80.

Enter user password:
Confirm password:
Error: Cannot create folder "_vti_pvt".