Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Yang Wen <yw...@umich.edu> on 2003/10/15 05:48:43 UTC

Can't compile Xerces with VC++ .NET

Hi, I'm following the directions on the xerces webpage and trying to
build XercesLib.  Unfortunately, I am getting over 100 errors, among
which, many are:

illegal storage class
illegal static data member in locally defined class

type of errors. An example is below:

..\..\..\..\..\src\xercesc\validators\schema\SchemaSymbols.hpp(91) :
error C2246: 'xercesc_2_3::SchemaSymbols::fgELT_CHOICE' : illegal static
data member in locally defined class

In addition, I also get <iostream.h> errors but I gather that this can
by fixed by changing it to <iostream>?

Please let me know how to fix this build problem. Many thanks.

Yang

What are we suppose to do with CVS?

Posted by Yang Wen <yw...@umich.edu>.
Hi, sorry for being such a newbie, but I went to the CVS site and I
expected a zip file with updated projects and source files but it seems
I need to know exactly what I need to download. I have no idea what I
need to download in order to fix the VC7 Build problem. Can someone
please give me some direction?

Thanks
Yang

	this is fixed in CVS (both problems). It seems that a few files
are currently missing from the project file. I would suggest checking
out
cvs and adding the files. As soon as someone provides a patch I will
commit it.

Gareth

--
Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development  +44-1865-203192
DecisionSoft Limited                        http://www.decisionsoft.com

Re: Can't compile Xerces with VC++ .NET

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,