Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by laurent cop <la...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/24 19:40:07 UTC

[Studio] Try to package a Studio fragment

Hello,

I have made a fragment (add popup menu) in studio. So I try to make a fragment without anything from studio.rcp (as a host) as it contains the Application.

Under eclipse, my fragment works fine.

After when I want to package  as a product, I loose all perspectives :-(  give me something like close all perspective.

Any help welcomed.

       Thanks

Re: [Studio] Try to package a Studio fragment

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Do you get any error/stacktrace in "workspace/.metadata/.log"?

Kind Regards,
Stefan

PS: If your additional popup menu is commonly usable please consider to
contribute it to the project :)

Re: [Studio] Try to add a new plugin in Studio

Posted by laurent cop <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pierre Arnaud, Stefan,

         Have you any clues regarding the log, files transmited?

         As decribe above, to make my plugin (role manager) fit in Studio,
I check the way it was done with accitemeditor plugin and try to reproduce
the same calls. Was it the good way to integrate my plugin in Studio?

Posted by laurent cop <la...@gmail.com>.
2013/11/6 Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>

> org.eclipse.core.databinding.beans_1.2.200.v20120523-1955

Nice one :-)

How do you succeed in finding the incorrect jar?

Anyway thank you. I continue testing all my complete plugin.

I keep you in touch with my dev on my plugin for ADS. I soon as I have
finished, I will warned you and Pierre Arnaud.

                        kind regards

Re: [Studio] Try to add a new plugin in Studio

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Laurant,

On 11/06/2013 02:48 PM, laurent cop wrote:
>             Here is the role manager plugin in a very light version,
> without any dependencies. Where do I have to reference it in Studio
> Application for this plugin to be activated in the StandAlone application.

I was able to run your plugin in the Studio RCP application. Your plugin
has a dependency org.eclipse.core.databinding.beans, however this
dependency is not yet included with the Studio application. I just
copied org.eclipse.core.databinding.beans_1.2.200.v20120523-1955.jar
from a local Eclipse Juno installation into the studio/plugins folder,
then your plugin was started :)

Can you please try to do the same, if it works for you we can add the
databinding.beans plugin to Studio.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [Studio] Try to add a new plugin in Studio

Posted by laurent cop <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stefan,

            Here is the role manager plugin in a very light version,
without any dependencies. Where do I have to reference it in Studio
Application for this plugin to be activated in the StandAlone application.

            Thank you for your help. I hope this plugin will be usefull for
Apache Directory Studio community. As a result.I am planning to deliver my
plugin in few weeks after ADS Standalone version packaging and testing

                                               Kind regards, Laurent

Posted by laurent cop <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Stefan,

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Laurant,

Posted by laurent cop <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello Pierre Arnaud, Stefan,

Posted by laurent cop <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello Stefan,

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
On 29 oct. 2013, at 22:03, Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> wrote:

> Hi Laurent,
>
> Can you please also post your manifest.mf?
>
> Event better if you could publish your plugin sources e.g. to github or
> send me a private zip archive, then I'll have a look.

+1

Any suspicious information in Apache Directory Studio's log file (located at "~/.ApacheDirectoryStudio/.metadata/.log")?

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
Hi Laurent,

Posted by laurent cop <la...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

I got this NPE (see context bellow). But don't know I to solve it.

!SESSION 2013-10-25 09:34:39.338 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_13
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=fr_FR
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2013-10-25 09:34:54.099
!MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
            at org.apache.directory.studio.preferences.ShutdownPreferencesPage.promptOnExit(ShutdownPreferencesPage.java:140)
            at org.apache.directory.studio.ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor.preShutdown(ApplicationWorkbenchAdvisor.java:124)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyClose(Workbench.java:1027)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$19(Workbench.java:1024)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$19.run(Workbench.java:1327)
            at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1325)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1298)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.busyClose(WorkbenchWindow.java:1227)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.access$14(WorkbenchWindow.java:1198)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$10.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:1261)
            at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.close(WorkbenchWindow.java:1259)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.close(WorkbenchWindow.java:1271)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$6.close(WorkbenchWindow.java:474)
            at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer$12.shellClosed(WBWRenderer.java:612)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:98)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1057)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1081)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1066)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.closeWidget(Decorations.java:309)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.WM_CLOSE(Decorations.java:1697)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4613)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:340)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1627)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2075)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4977)
            at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProcW(Native Method)
            at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProc(OS.java:2544)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.callWindowProc(Shell.java:498)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4706)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:340)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1627)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2075)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4977)
            at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProcW(Native Method)
            at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProc(OS.java:2544)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.callWindowProc(Shell.java:498)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4706)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:340)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1627)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2075)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4977)
            at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessageW(Native Method)
            at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(OS.java:2549)
            at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3757)
            at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$9.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1113)
            at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
            at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:997)
            at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:138)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:610)
            at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
            at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:567)
            at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:150)
            at org.apache.directory.studio.Application.start(Application.java:51)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:354)
            at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:181)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:636)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:591)
            at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1450)

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.

Posted by laurent cop <la...@gmail.com>.