Posted to mod_python-dev@quetz.apache.org by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com> on 2005/01/26 00:25:02 UTC

Building mod_python on Win32 with Python 2.4

Just as a notice, the GMane archive for python-dev is online. Hence, I
found this message from David Fraser :

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mod-python.devel/481

After a few tries, I managed to build the current trunk on Win32 with
Python 2.4. Here is how I did it :

cd <path to the mod_python root>
set PYTHONSRC=<path to the Python 2.4 distribution>
set APACHESRC=<path to the Apache 2.0 distribution>
cd dist
python setup.py.in bdist_wininst

Note that even if the environment variables are named *SRC, you do not
need the sources of Python 2.4 or Apache 2.0 ; you can build
everything from astandard binary distribution.

I had to alter setup.py.in so that it defines the WIN32 macro when
compiling _psp.pyd, and psp_flex.h as well as psp_parser.c to use the
WIN32 macro to filter out references to unistd.h. I've checked in the
changes. Everything seems OK after that.

Regards,
Nicolas

Re: Building mod_python on Win32 with Python 2.4

Posted by Nicolas Lehuen <ni...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 08:17:01 +0200, David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com> wrote:
> Nicolas Lehuen wrote:
>
> >Just as a notice, the GMane archive for python-dev is online. Hence, I
> >found this message from David Fraser :
> >
> >http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mod-python.devel/481
> >

> Glad to see they're online ...
>
> >After a few tries, I managed to build the current trunk on Win32 with
> >Python 2.4. Here is how I did it :
> >
> >cd <path to the mod_python root>
> >set PYTHONSRC=<path to the Python 2.4 distribution>
> >set APACHESRC=<path to the Apache 2.0 distribution>
> >cd dist
> >python setup.py.in bdist_wininst
> >
> >Note that even if the environment variables are named *SRC, you do not
> >need the sources of Python 2.4 or Apache 2.0 ; you can build
> >everything from astandard binary distribution.
> >
> >I had to alter setup.py.in so that it defines the WIN32 macro when
> >compiling _psp.pyd, and psp_flex.h as well as psp_parser.c to use the
> >WIN32 macro to filter out references to unistd.h. I've checked in the
> >changes. Everything seems OK after that.
> >

> Great, I was meaning to get around to sending these changes in now that
> the new bug tracking system is up.
>
> I think I may have some more installation related changes, but I'm not
> exactly sure where the new subversion repository is located and the
> modpython.org page still points to CVS ...

Hi David,

The repository is there :

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpd/mod_python/trunk

Posted by David Fraser <da...@sjsoft.com>.
Nicolas Lehuen wrote:

>Just as a notice, the GMane archive for python-dev is online. Hence, I
>found this message from David Fraser :
>
>http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.mod-python.devel/481

Glad to see they're online ...

>After a few tries, I managed to build the current trunk on Win32 with
>Python 2.4. Here is how I did it :
>
>cd <path to the mod_python root>
>set PYTHONSRC=<path to the Python 2.4 distribution>
>set APACHESRC=<path to the Apache 2.0 distribution>
>cd dist
>python setup.py.in bdist_wininst
>
>Note that even if the environment variables are named *SRC, you do not
>need the sources of Python 2.4 or Apache 2.0 ; you can build
>everything from astandard binary distribution.
>
>I had to alter setup.py.in so that it defines the WIN32 macro when
>compiling _psp.pyd, and psp_flex.h as well as psp_parser.c to use the
>WIN32 macro to filter out references to unistd.h. I've checked in the
>changes. Everything seems OK after that.

Great, I was meaning to get around to sending these changes in now that
the new bug tracking system is up.

I think I may have some more installation related changes, but I'm not
exactly sure where the new subversion repository is located and the
modpython.org page still points to CVS ...

David