Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Fedor Smirnoff <fe...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/05 22:42:23 UTC

Custom taglibs or .....

Hey guys, I am very new to Struts and trying to write
my frist application for it. Here is my question, I am
used to using custom taglibs heavely in order to make
designers life simple. Now if I am developing on
Struts framework would the same rule apply or there is
a better alternative. For example to pull dynamic
content into the page I woud use something like:

<tags:Content contentid="<%=contentid%>"/> and pass
contentid through links which are also pre-built by
classes and inserted by taglibs on front end.

I was also trying to figure out how to forward request
from a class that is pulled by taglib in order to
maybe to keep taglibs that I have, like the content
above, but instead of doing all the processing in that
class, forward to Action and separate business logic
this way?

I am really lost, Struts concept is a bit confusing,
any help :)

Thanks
Fedor