Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by UCDeveloper <us...@majesco.com> on 2018/06/01 12:12:15 UTC

IgniteJdbcThinDriver - Not supporting transactions

We are planning to use the Apache Ignite inmemory database as a replacement
for the RDBMS that we are currently using.

I am using the IgniteJdbcThinDriver to query/modify data on the database.
Though the queries are executed within a transaction scope , they are
actually getting executed in the atomic mode and hence the rollbacks are not
working.
Found out from the documentation that this was a known issue and that the
feature would be available in v2.5.  So I tried with the latest Ignite
version (v 2.5) but that didn't work either.

Since the  documentation mentions that the Ignite inmemory database is
transactional, is there any fix or some other solution to the issue that we
can implement  to achieve this, using Ignite ? This feature is crucial for
us and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Re: IgniteJdbcThinDriver - Not supporting transactions

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

MVCC + Transactional SQL will be available in the GA mode ~ Q3-Q4.
Presently, we tell it loud and clear in our docs that transactions are
supported for key-value APIs only.

--
Denis

Posted by "ilya.kasnacheev" <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

See this answer:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/50644018/ignitejdbcthindriver-is-not-supporting-transactional-mode

Long story short, it's not implemented yet.