Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Anas Mughal <an...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/17 01:15:16 UTC

Parameter not passed

Could someone please guide me. I have modified the Version sample to
accept a parameter as follows:

public class AxisTest {

    public String getVersion(String param1) throws Exception {
        return "Hello I am Axis2 test service ," + param1 + ", " +
                " My version is " +
org.apache.axis2.Version.getVersionText();
    }
}

The parameter is passed in the URL as follows:

http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/AxisTest/getVersion?param1=Check

The parameter is not passed to the method. What do I need to do to
pass parameters?

I new to Axis2. I do appreciate your time to help me.
Best Regards.
--

Anas Mughal

Re: Parameter not passed

Posted by Charitha Kankanamge <ch...@wso2.com>.
Hey Anas,

There was an error in your services.xml. As you can see, there is a
space in the message receiver class definition. It is in between the
class=" and org.apache.axis2.*
 (<messageReceiver mep="http://www.w3.org/2004/08/wsdl/in-out" class="
org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageReceiver"/>)

I rearranged your services.xml by removing the preceding space and got
the results successfully. The modified service archive is attached here
with. Please deploy it and see.

regards
Charitha

--
Charitha Kankanamge
WSO2 inc.

A bug in the hand is better than one as yet undetected

Re: Parameter not passed

Posted by Anas Mughal <an...@gmail.com>.

On 9/17/07, Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Could someone please guide me. I have modified the Version sample to
> accept a parameter as follows:
> >

> > public class AxisTest {
> >

> >     public String getVersion(String param1) throws Exception {
> >         return "Hello I am Axis2 test service ," + param1 + ", " +
> >
> >                 " My version is " +
> org.apache.axis2.Version.getVersionText();
> >
> >     }
> > }
> >
> > The parameter is passed in the URL as follows:
> > http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/AxisTest/getVersion?param1=Check
> >

> > The parameter is not passed to the method. What do I need to do to pass
> parameters?
> What did you get in the response ? did you get a SOAP fault ?
>
> Thanks
> Deepal
> >

> > I new to Axis2. I do appreciate your time to help me.
> >
> > Best Regards.
> > --
> > Anas Mughal

Anas Mughal