Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Katia Rojas <ka...@apache.org> on 2019/10/31 20:09:41 UTC

Outreachy projects

Hello folks,

We notice that these two projects for the Outreachy program didn't get
contributions recorded.

1. Extend the Nexmark Benchmarking Suite in Apache Beam to include Python
and Portable runners

2. Improve Apache BeamSQL to allow users better write big data processing
pipelines

We thought that there could be two reasons for this.

- The skill level required in the project is too high and/or
- the wording of the project is a bit intimidating due to the technical
language or unclear goals.

We recommend to the owners of the projects to reword the project
description and/or consider providing office hours to provide personal
guidance for the initial set up to record contributions :)

We appreciate all the work you put on these projects. Hopefully, we can get
some applicants.

If you need any help please let us know.

Thanks,
Katia