Posted to user@sqoop.apache.org by yogesh dhari <yo...@live.com> on 2012/07/02 17:56:04 UTC

ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or directory

Hi,I am trying to import tables from Mysql to Hive, I used this command.sqoop import --connect jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/Demo --username sqoop1 --password SQOOP1 -table newone --hive-table newhive --create-hive-table --hive-import --target-dir /user/hive/warehouse/newit shows this error
ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or directory

Why is it so,Please Suggest and help
RegardsYogesh Kumar

RE: ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or directory

Posted by yogesh dhari <yo...@live.com>.
Hi cheolsoo

Yes I have already installed hive
and I have set the Hive home like this..

export HIVE_HOME={{pwd}}
export PATH=$PATH:$HIVE_HOME/bin

and "pwd" is the path where I have kept hive dir
i.e
cd Hadoop/hive

is there any diffrence orrcurs if i set Hive home like i did instead of
export HIVE_HOME=/hadoop/hive
export PATH=$PATH:$HIVE_HOME/bin

Thanks & Regards
Yogesh Kumar

Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 15:55:11 -0700
Subject: Re: ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or directory
From: cheolsoo@cloudera.com
To: user@sqoop.apache.org

Hi Yogesh,

I assume that you've already installed hive. If so, what is HIVE_HOME set to in your environment?

ERROR tool.ImportTool: Encountered IOException running import job: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "hive": error=2, No such file or directory
The exception is thrown here because Sqoop couldn't find hive.

Thanks,
Cheolsoo

Posted by Cheolsoo Park <ch...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Yogesh,