Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Kushal Gautam <ku...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/31 20:45:16 UTC

Flyway and Karaf

Hi,

 I am trying to use Flyway in my Karaf instance.

I have prepared a demo to reproduce the error that I have encountered at
https://github.com/cooshal/karaf-flyway.

I am using a custom built karaf distribution.

I have created two different modules inside db-migrations:
1. flyway provider which has implementations to carry out flyway migrations
2. karaf command, which invokes the implementation of flyway provider
bundle.

I tried following:

karaf@root()> dbf:migrate
Error executing command: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not
initialize class org.flywaydb.core.Flyway

karaf@root()> log:tail
22:37:11.081 ERROR [Karaf local console user karaf] Exception caught while
executing command
java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
Could not initialize class org.flywaydb.core.Flyway
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:192) ~[?:?]
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.CommandSessionImpl$JobImpl.run(CommandSessionImpl.java:829)
~[?:?]
        at
java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
~[?:?]
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266) ~[?:?]
        at
~[?:?]
        at
~[?:?]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745) [?:?]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class
org.flywaydb.core.Flyway
        at
com.example.db.migrations.FlywayDBMigrations.migrate(FlywayDBMigrations.java:16)
~[?:?]
        at
com.example.flyway.command.MigrateDatabaseCommand.execute(MigrateDatabaseCommand.java:20)
~[?:?]
        at
org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.action.command.ActionCommand.execute(ActionCommand.java:84)
~[?:?]
        at
org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:68)
~[?:?]
        at
org.apache.karaf.shell.impl.console.osgi.secured.SecuredCommand.execute(SecuredCommand.java:86)
~[?:?]
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeCmd(Closure.java:571) ~[?:?]
        at
org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.executeStatement(Closure.java:497)
~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Closure.execute(Closure.java:386)
~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.doCall(Pipe.java:417) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:229) ~[?:?]
        at org.apache.felix.gogo.runtime.Pipe.call(Pipe.java:59) ~[?:?]
        ... 4 more

I am getting this error from
https://github.com/cooshal/karaf-flyway/tree/master/db-migrations/flyway-provider

I also tried installing flyway-core bundle in Karaf, but it did not work. I
got the same error.

Do I need to configure some settings in the pom file of this project? (
https://github.com/cooshal/karaf-flyway/blob/master/db-migrations/flyway-provider/pom.xml
)

Any feedback would be very helpful.

Regards,
Cooshal.

Re: Flyway and Karaf

Posted by Kushal Gautam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi again:

I will try this again, with fragment host option. I guess I might have missed something minor. I will get back with results.

Thank you.

Regards,
Cooshal.

Regards,
Kushal.

________________________________
Posted by Kushal Gautam <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi again JB:

The problem seemed to have originated from Flyway's classloader, as it
could not load the Logger implementations. Adding a custom LogCreator and
Logger implementations did resolve the issue. (
https://github.com/cooshal/karaf-flyway/tree/master/db-migrations/flyway-provider/src/main/java/com/example/infrastructure).
These custom log implementations were used here (
https://github.com/cooshal/karaf-flyway/blob/master/db-migrations/flyway-provider/src/main/java/com/example/db/migrations/FlywayDBMigrations.java#L19
)

Trying the fix after restarting Karaf did resolve the issue. For those, who
might face this issue in the future, I have a working demo here (
https://github.com/cooshal/karaf-flyway).

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Cooshal.