Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> on 2010/03/24 09:48:39 UTC

Rewrite MapEntries to OSGI EventHandler

Currently o.a.s.jcr.resource.internal.helper.MapEntries (which
maintain domain mappings) is a javax.jcr.observation.EventListener.
When an event occur somewhere in the /etc/map tree, the MapEntries map
is updated.

In my project I need to provide domain mappings under /etc/map as
non-JCR resources. MapEntries uses the Resource API to iterate through
the resources under /etc/map, so it is quite easy to use resources
instead of nodes to specify domain mappings.
Except for one thing: MapEntries is only updated on a JCR event, so I
currently need to fire that manually when one of my resources has
changed.

Does it make sense to rewrite MapEntries to be a OSGi EventHandler instead?

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway

Re: Rewrite MapEntries to OSGI EventHandler

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Agreed completely.

Regards