Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Alexandre Martins <al...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/11 12:30:40 UTC

Script to Map a WebDav Folder

hi All,

Does anyone have a script to map a webdav folder in a desktop client on the
windows startup?

Thanks in advance,

--
Alexandre Costa Martins
CESAR - Recife Center for Advanced Studies and Systems

E-mail: alexandre.martins@cesar.org.br
MSN: xandecmartins@hotmail.com
GTalk: alexandremartins@gmail.com
Skype: xandecmartins
Mobile: +55 (81) 9929-9548
Office: +55 (81) 3425-4763
Fax: +55 (81) 3425-4701

Re: Script to Map a WebDav Folder

Posted by ossi petz <os...@gmail.com>.
hallo

windows has quite some trouble with standard webdav servers. for windows
xp there seems no real solution beside shareware tools like netdrive
from novel (some sort of free but no longer maintained) or webdrive

there are some workarounds that may make it work:
http://ulihansen.kicks-ass.net/aero/webdav/index.html

also windows vista suddenly comes with better support too:
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Apache2_Typo3_WebDAV#Windows_Vista

webfolders with windows xp work quite well. mapping wwebdav folders to
drive letters gets boring quite quick.

regards
op

Posted by Simon Jentzsch <si...@yahoo.de>.
Hi,

The  net use-command is a good way to do it. but at least in my case it
just didn't work.

I used:

net use x: http://localhost:80/repository/x7/core_admin_jcr /user:admin
admin

but got the Errorcode 67.

Windows complaint about a wrong path.
 From what I read about it, maybe the reason is, that XP has a Problem

Posted by Alessandro Bologna <al...@gmail.com>.
Julian,

that's a great resource. I wish I had found it googling around when I
needed. Thanks.
Alessandro

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Alessandro Bologna <al...@gmail.com>.