Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by ozgurnevres <oz...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/05 09:54:57 UTC

Asp.net client reconnect problem

Hi,
I am running Ignite on asp.net as a client node. I have also a server node
as console application.
M problem is:
1- When I stop the server node when asp.net client node is connected, it
fires first "ClientDisconnected" event. Then, a few seconds later fires
"ClientReconnected" event. Why? The server is still down.
2- Then I restarting the server node. The client never reconnects again. In
the server's console screen, the number of clients remains 0.

Am I missing something? How can I correctly handle the "server temporarily
down" or "server is restarting" case?

Re: Asp.net client reconnect problem

Posted by ozgurnevres <oz...@gmail.com>.
And yes, I am sure there's no other server node. (Topology shows 1 server ven
I restart the server)

Re: Asp.net client reconnect problem

Posted by ozgurnevres <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Pavel
The steps are below:

1- I am starting server node.
2- Then starting asp.net client node.
3- Querying database. Works perfect.
4- Stopping server node. Ignite fires ClientDisconnected as one expected.
5- A few seconds later, while server is still down, Ignite fires
ClientReconnected event (this is confusing, I don't know why).
6- After ClientReconnected fired, I restart the server node.
7- Nothing happens. It never fires ClientReconnected again.
8- When I query database in this situation, I get "Grid is in invalid state
to perform this operation. It either not started yet or has already being or
have stopped" exception.

I didn't implemented the logging yet, I'll read how to do it and then I'll
send you the logs.
Thanks

Re: Asp.net client reconnect problem

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
> Grid is in invalid state to perform this operation

When does this happen? Can you provide more details or a project to
reproduce?
Are you sure you don't call Ignition.Stop somewhere?

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Yes, this fix will be included in upcoming Ignite 2.0.

You can also download recent nightly build of NuGet package:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IGNITE/Nightly+Builds

Posted by ozgurnevres <oz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikolai Tikhonov <nt...@apache.org>.
Seems it related with https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IGNITE-4473
issue. This fixed in master you can try to build ignite from master and
check.

Posted by Alper Tekinalp <al...@evam.com>.
Hi.

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.

Posted by ozgurnevres <oz...@gmail.com>.
Any suggestion? :(

Re: Asp.net client reconnect problem

Posted by ozgurnevres <oz...@gmail.com>.
log.txt <http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/n11752/log.txt>

Hi Pavel,
The log file (after ClientReconnected is fired while server is still down)
is attached.

thanks

Re: Asp.net client reconnect problem

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
> a few seconds later fires "ClientReconnected" event
This is suspicious. Are you sure no other nodes are running on your machine
or in the local network?
Can you attach the log?

I have tested this exact scenario today (ASP.NET runs Ignite in client
mode, server is a standalone executable) and it works as expected.