Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Irfan Habib <ir...@irfanhabib.com> on 2013/08/13 16:28:05 UTC

Staged createNodesInGroup

Hi,

I'm running into quota limits in the HP Cloud when I try to provision a
large number of servers using ComputeService.createNodesInGroup method.

If it possible to use createNodesInGroup in an iterative manner? For
instance if I want to provision 20 servers, instead invoking
createNodesInGroup with node count 20, can I invoke 2 servers 10 times with
the same template?

Will all servers "appear" to be in the same group (same group prefix etc)?

--
Best Regards,
Irfan

Re: Staged createNodesInGroup

Posted by Andrew Bayer <an...@gmail.com>.
Hrm - this is something that's annoyed me in the past too. I think you
probably can just do 10 calls to the same template with two instances
each, but it may well not end up in the same group - that's an
implementation detail per-API. But we really should have a way to
throttle maximum number of instances to be created at one time and
then queue up the remainder - could you open a JIRA for this?

A.