Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> on 2016/10/05 21:07:28 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 RC1

The Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 source and binaries,
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3-rc1/, contain
several bug fixes. See the draft release notes at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes

Please vote on releasing it as 4.1.3 by replying to this thread

[ ] +1 Approve, with description of any testing you have done
[ ] 0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Disapprove, with explanation.

In addition, if you are a PMC member please indicate "Binding" if you
intend to cast a binding vote, which requires a build and test from source.

Please tag any discussion, rather than votes, with [DISCUSS][VOTE].

The vote will conclude no sooner than 10 p.m UTC on Saturday, October
8th, 2016.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 RC1

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
+1 (binding)
  source testing:
    o Checked signature and hashes
    o Checked source formats contain identical files.
    o Built and tested en-US on OSX 10.11

  binary testing:
    o Tested en-US app on OSX 10.11, 10.10

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
+1 Binding

What I've done:

SVN:
- Build the AOO413 branch with release options.
- Checked the RAT scan report that no license problems were shown.

Source package:
- Build the software with release options.
- Checked the provided hash values.

Binary packages:
- Checked the provided packages:
   - Linux 64-bit: full installs + langpacks for en-US + de
   - Windows 10: full installs + langpacks for en-US + de

Marcus

Posted by Peter Kovacs <le...@gmail.com>.
+1
I have installed binary 4.1.3-rc1 de Version on OSX El Capitan.
Check the general functionality on the writer module. And checked issue
12662 base not open tables and queries in Mac OSX.
I have opened a empty document in all other modules.

Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com> schrieb am Sa., 8. Okt. 2016, 17:05:

> On Wed, Oct 5, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org> wrote:
> > The Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 source and binaries,
> > https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3-rc1/, contain
> > several bug fixes. See the draft release notes at
> >
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes
> >
> > Please vote on releasing it as 4.1.3 by replying to this thread
> >
> > [ ] +1 Approve, with description of any testing you have done
> > [ ] 0 Abstain
> > [ ] -1 Disapprove, with explanation.
> >
> > In addition, if you are a PMC member please indicate "Binding" if you
> intend
> > to cast a binding vote, which requires a build and test from source.
>
> +1 Approve
>
> I initially downloaded ApacheOO 4.1.3 RC1 binary DEB for Linux on
> AMD64; successfully installed into Debian Sid for AMD64; and used
> OpenOffice 4.1.3 RC1 normally without apparent issues.
>
> Subsequently, I built several iterations of ApacheOO 4.1.3 RC1 from
> svn in my daily Debian Sid AMD64 development environment; thus,
> generated OpenOffice 4.1.3 RC1 DEB and RPM packages, with en-US, ru, &
> de languages, on my own -- which I installed successfully on target
> Linux distributions and I am using right now.
>

> Best Professional Regards.
> --
> Jose R R
> http://metztli.it

Disclaimer: Diese Nachricht stammt aus einem Google Account. Ihre Antwort
wird in der Google Cloud Gespeichert und durch Google Algorythmen zwecks
werbeanaöysen gescannt. Es ist derzeit nicht auszuschließen das ihre
Nachricht auch durch einen NSA Mitarbeiter geprüft wird. Durch
kommunikation mit diesen Account stimmen Sie zu das ihre Mail, ihre
Kontaktdaten und die Termine die Sie mit mir vereinbaren online zu Google
konditionen in der Googlecloud gespeichert wird. Sollten sie dies nicht
wünschen kontaktieren sie mich bitte Umgehend um z.B. alternativen zu
verhandeln.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 RC1

Posted by Jose R R <jo...@metztli.com>.

[DISSCUSS] [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 RC1

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 10/06/2016 12:51 PM, schrieb J�rg Schmidt:
> [...]

then I don't understand why you don't wait until it is clear and then
cast your vote. Voting is open until Oct, 08th. Or take part in the
discussion of the BZ thread. ;-)

Please think again about changing your vote until the end of the period.

Marcus

> The Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 source and binaries,
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3-rc1/, contain
> several bug fixes. See the draft release notes at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3
> +Release+Notes
>
> Please vote on releasing it as 4.1.3 by replying to this thread
>
> [ ] +1 Approve, with description of any testing you have done
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Disapprove, with explanation.

[x] 0 Abstain

(Sorry for this decision but the thread "{Dicuss] [Vote]" is not completely clear for me)

Jörg

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 RC1

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> The Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 source and binaries,
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3-rc1/, contain
> several bug fixes. See the draft release notes at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes
>

> Please vote on releasing it as 4.1.3 by replying to this thread
>
> [ ] +1 Approve, with description of any testing you have done
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Disapprove, with explanation.
>
> In addition, if you are a PMC member please indicate "Binding" if you
> intend to cast a binding vote, which requires a build and test from source.
>
> Please tag any discussion, rather than votes, with [DISCUSS][VOTE].
>
> The vote will conclude no sooner than 10 p.m UTC on Saturday, October
> 8th, 2016.
[ X ] +1 Approve Non-Binding Confirmed the PGP signature,Confirmed md5
and sha356 hashes, Installed with no problems.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
+1

Binary testing: Tested german (de) binary on Windows 8.1 (32bit), Ubuntu
16.04.1 (64bit) and Xubuntu 16.04.1 (32bit).

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 05/10/2016 Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> Please vote on releasing it as 4.1.3 by replying to this thread
> [ ] +1 Approve, with description of any testing you have done
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Disapprove, with explanation.

+1 (Binding)

Source: verified hashes and (my own) signature, README, LICENSE, NOTICE,
RAT scan, successful Linux-64 build.

Binary: day-to-day use of the Italian version on various Linux-64
systems, no regressions with respect to previous versions.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 RC1

Posted by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org>.
+1 Binding

Source testing: Checked signature and hashes. Checked that the three
source formats contain identical files. Built and tested en-US on Fedora
20 x86-64.
Ran automated BVT tests and compared against current 4.1.2 install. (1
additional test passed than 4.1.2)

Binary testing: Tested en-US binary on Fedora 20 x86-64.
Ran automated BVT tests and compared against my source build 4.1.3 RC1
with identical results.

Thanks,
Carl

Posted by Mechtilde <oo...@mechtilde.de>.
+1

Am 05.10.2016 um 23:07 schrieb Patricia Shanahan:
> The Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 source and binaries,
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/openoffice/4.1.3-rc1/, contain
> several bug fixes. See the draft release notes at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.3+Release+Notes
>

> Please vote on releasing it as 4.1.3 by replying to this thread
>
> [ ] +1 Approve, with description of any testing you have done
> [ ] 0 Abstain
> [ ] -1 Disapprove, with explanation.
>
> In addition, if you are a PMC member please indicate "Binding" if you
> intend to cast a binding vote, which requires a build and test from source.
>
> Please tag any discussion, rather than votes, with [DISCUSS][VOTE].
>
> The vote will conclude no sooner than 10 p.m UTC on Saturday, October
> 8th, 2016.

Mechtilde Stehmann
--
## Apache OpenOffice.org
## Debian

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 RC1

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.
+1 Binding

Source testing: Checked signature and hashes. Checked that the three
source formats contain identical files. Built and tested en-US on
Windows 8.1

Binary testing: Tested en-GB binary on Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows
10, and Ubuntu 16.04. Also tested fr binary on Windows 8.1