Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Ben Speakmon <bs...@apache.org> on 2007/09/28 04:12:29 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons Email 1.1 released

The Apache Commons project is proud to announce the release of Commons Email
1.1.

Commons Email makes it easier to perform common emailing tasks from Java. It
sits on top of the JavaMail API, which it tries to simplify.

The 1.1 release addresses several bugs present in the 1.0 release as well as
adding some important new features:

* allowing arbitrary DataSources to be embedded in HtmlEmails
* correcting email structures that didn't display correctly on some clients
* compatibility with JEE 5 and J2EE 1.4 environments
* JDK 1.4-based character set encoding and handling; now supports all
languages that the Java VM supports.

Release notes, including compatibility information, are available at the
Commons Email home page: http://commons.apache.org/email/

You can download Commons Email immediately at
http://commons.apache.org/downloads/download_email.cgi, and the full
distribution is also available from the main Maven 2 repository as
org.apache.commons:commons-email:1.1:jar. Please remember to verify the MD5
sums and GPG key signings of your downloads against the official Apache
Commons KEYS file at http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/KEYS; these
safeguards are your only guarantee that you are running non-compromised
versions of Commons Email.

--Ben Speakmon, on behalf of Apache Commons

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons Email 1.1 released

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
I think they're an old convenience that people have kept because
that's what people do with things that are not obviously broken.

I'm +1 to getting rid of them, I don't think they buy us anything, and
if they're a mirror issue then the sooner the better.

Anyone against rm'ing them? It should be pretty easy to confirm that
we have no links to them in the website (or to fix if we do).

Hen

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ben Speakmon <bs...@apache.org>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.