Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ken Arnold <ar...@moonhill.org> on 2002/08/07 22:31:02 UTC

Re: circular buffering (attached)

I've attached the files that I wrote.  I've assumed that finding all
loggers that are associated with a given node is a useful feature, so I
did it using a vistor pattern.  This is meant to be integrated into the
codebase should the owners find that useful, so I've given it the Apache
header.

		Ken

Re: circular buffering (attached)

Posted by Ken Arnold <ar...@moonhill.org>.
On Wednesday, August 7, 2002, at 04:46  PM, Ceki Gülcü wrote:

> I'll be on vacation for two weeks so I can't give feedback until then.
> Anyone else care to study to comment?

If anyone tries it, do me the favor of using the attached version of
BufferingAppender.  There was a bug in the initial one that dealt
improperly with partly filled buffers (I was more worried about overflow
so I kept testing that -- classic example of why one really can't QA
their own code reliably).

		Ken Arnold

Re: circular buffering (attached)

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.