Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2008/08/05 22:27:45 UTC

Jira configuration ? (was Fwd: [Trinidad] Missing issue in 1.0.8)

Hi,

we had the discussion already in the past.
I'd love to see that the fix-version/s is not! editable by filers.

Greetings,
Matthias

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:36 PM, Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> The Jira permissions settings cannot be adjusted on field level.
> As a workaround I added a new "MyFaces Screen" configuration to Jira.
> With this configuration the "Fix version" field should no longer show
> up on the "Edit" screen.

when creating, I still see it.
This is the most sucky part of the "fix version" field :)

On edit it is now cool :-)
Thanks!
-M

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Thanks Manfred,

maybe we should open a feature request at Atlassian.

Regards

Bernd

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 11:42 AM, Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de> wrote:
> Maybe we could restrict the EditScreen to commiters?
+1
> Bug-filers can add comments if they want to make changes/additions.
+1

it is really odd, that the jira software isn't able to have that.
so... +1 on a feature request as well.

Do we (ASF) have a special contact form (for "customers")?

-Matthias

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Stukalov <as...@gmail.com>.

Matthias Wessendorf-4 wrote:

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> isn't the fixVersion field needed for unresolved issues to prepare the
>> roadmap?
>
> yes. I think the main point is, that actually bug-filers abuse the field.
> They understand it as a "wish list", like "you have to fix my bug in
> version 'yesterday'" :)
>
> -Matthias

Hi,

Just for statistics: me inadvertently misused 'fixVersion' to notify that a
patch, I've submitted for an issue, is against this specific version.

And a little offtopic: what is the policy of Trinidad's issues
triage/review? For instance, are patches for unresolved issues reviewed
before the release of the next version?

Thanks,
  Alexey

Re: Jira configuration ? (was Fwd: [Trinidad] Missing issue in 1.0.8)

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I missed the edit as well.

So, it would be cool:
-fix version NOT available on "create issue" (currently implemented)
-fix versin available on edit. BUT! only!!!! for committers

-Matthias

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Manfred,

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org>.