Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jeff Macomber <JM...@NetByTel.com> on 2002/03/18 21:13:58 UTC

RE: Please read Re: Urgent Re: Newbie: Servlet under Windows does not run

I don't see any previous posting by you containing your web.xml (even though
I do see a note or two saying you had posted it before but no web.xml).
>From your previous posts it is clear that tomcat is finding your war file
and expanding it.  Your path appears to be correct from the war file.  Is
the case correct on your class file name (I'm not sure this is checked on
windows, I'm using Linux)?  I noticed you are loading java.sql.* does the
class you are loading require javax.sql.* ?  If so be sure you are including
the java extensions for jdbc 2.0.  Other than that I can't think of any
reason why it wouldn't be loading.  You said you had tried just doing a
simple hello world in the servlet and commenting everything else out?  When
you did that did you comment out the imports that you didn't need?

Hope this helps,
Jeff