Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org> on 2016/09/27 03:58:22 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache PredictionIO 0.10.0 (incubating) RC4

Hi all,

The PredictionIO community has voted that 0.10.0-incubating-rc4 to be good
for a source-only release. This thread is to facilitate a voting for the
IPMC before a final official source-only release.

Vote result on dev@:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-predictionio-dev/201609.mbox/%3CCAD8z1JK5Dp_EY2P1_CdQuesehZPPN46Ko2nvRmNxmJvAQYLsdA%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The original vote thread on dev@:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-predictionio-dev/201609.mbox/%3CCAD8z1JKoMfsynbTSpUSDvMS2Thu9RD2y_iEZ6ABWVXauPWhUDQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The release candidate Git commit is:
3179dd8d64f4293da868c7cfca3867800a8aca9c

The release candidate Git tag is:
v0.10.0-incubating-rc4

The source-only release candidate artifacts can be downloaded here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/predictionio/0.10.0-
incubating-rc4/

Test results of RC4 can be found here:
https://travis-ci.org/apache/incubator-predictionio/builds/161704456

Build instructions of previous versions can be used on this RC:
http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/install/install-sourcecode/

Unit and integration tests instructions can be found at:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-predictionio/blob/release/0.10.0/tests/README.md

Maven artifacts are built from the release candidate artifacts above, and
are provided as convenience for testing with PredictionIO engine templates.
The Maven
artifacts are provided at the Maven staging repo here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/
orgapachepredictionio-1006/

All JIRAs completed for this release are tagged with 'FixVersion = 0.10.0'.
You can view them here: https://issues.apache.org/
jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12320420&version=12337844

The artifacts have been signed with Key : 8BF4ABEB

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1, accept RC as the official 0.10.0 release
[ ] 0, neutral because...
[ ] -1, do not accept RC as the official 0.10.0 release because...

The vote will be open for 72 hours and close at 9pm PST 9/29/2016.

Regards,
Donald

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PredictionIO 0.10.0 (incubating) RC4

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 2:06 PM, Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> Sounds good. Since a vote usually take 72 hours, is it okay in practice to
> "pipeline them"? What I mean is to let the current IPMC vote sits here,
> while the project PMC creates a new RC and start voting on it? Or must they
> be mutually exclusive, i.e. only one could exist at any time? I am curious
> of this possibility to shorten release cycle time.

It will be much less confusing if the previous RC VOTE was canceled.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache PredictionIO 0.10.0 (incubating) RC4

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Sounds good. Since a vote usually take 72 hours, is it okay in practice to
"pipeline them"? What I mean is to let the current IPMC vote sits here,
while the project PMC creates a new RC and start voting on it? Or must they
be mutually exclusive, i.e. only one could exist at any time? I am curious
of this possibility to shorten release cycle time.

Thanks!

Regards,
Donald

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

Thank you so much for your detailed review! I am clarifying the
redistribution rights with the photographer.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Just doing review and is the doc directory meant to be included in the source release? I’m seeing a number of pieces of 3rd party licensed code bundled in there that’s not mentioned in LICENSE.

Thanks,
Justin