Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Mark Plotnick <pl...@ensodex.com> on 2002/07/11 12:57:36 UTC

Apache/mod_dav_svn Berkley DB version problems

I have gone through an arduos process of getting subversion working,
and I don't want to quit now!

I'm running on Sparc/SunOS 5.8 using Apache 2.0.39

Trying to do a svn operation through mod_dav_svn
which leads to the following error in the apache error_log:

No such file or directory: Bad database version: 3.2.9

I have a very recent version (0.,13.2) of svn that I have
built together with BerkleyDB 4.0.14.

As far as I know the only Berkley DB I have is the one
that I loaded for svn's sake.  Why is apache complaining
about 3.2.9 ? Is that somehow hard coded into apache ?

How can I make apache/mod_dav_svn see the right version,
as svadmin and 'svn import file:///....  '  obviously
do ?

Could it be something completely different that is wrong ?

/Mark

Re: Apache/mod_dav_svn Berkley DB version problems

Posted by Mark Plotnick <pl...@ensodex.com>.
** Reply to message from Mark Plotnick <pl...@ensodex.com> on Thu, 11 Jul
2002 08:45:14 -0500

I built apache and successfully did a 'svn co http://....'.

YES !

Finally.  Ready to do some real work with it. Hope
the rest of the devs in my project like it better than CVS.

Especially interested in the ability to change dir structue.

/Mark

Posted by Mark Plotnick <pl...@ensodex.com>.

Posted by Philip Martin <ph...@codematters.co.uk>.
Mark Plotnick <pl...@ensodex.com> writes:

> No such file or directory: Bad database version: 3.2.9
>
> I have a very recent version (0.,13.2) of svn that I have
> built together with BerkleyDB 4.0.14.
>
> As far as I know the only Berkley DB I have is the one
> that I loaded for svn's sake.  Why is apache complaining
> about 3.2.9 ? Is that somehow hard coded into apache ?

4.0.14 is "hard coded" into mod_dav_svn, it then does a run-time check
to determine which version Apache is using. The error you see almost
certainly means you built apache against 3.2.9 and not against
4.0.14. Did you pass '--with-dbm=db4' when you configured apache?

--
Philip Martin

> I have gone through an arduos process of getting subversion working,
> and I don't want to quit now!
>
> I'm running on Sparc/SunOS 5.8 using Apache 2.0.39
>
> Trying to do a svn operation through mod_dav_svn
> which leads to the following error in the apache error_log:
>
> No such file or directory: Bad database version: 3.2.9
>

> I have a very recent version (0.,13.2) of svn that I have
> built together with BerkleyDB 4.0.14.
>
> As far as I know the only Berkley DB I have is the one
> that I loaded for svn's sake.  Why is apache complaining
> about 3.2.9 ? Is that somehow hard coded into apache ?
>
> How can I make apache/mod_dav_svn see the right version,
> as svadmin and 'svn import file:///....  '  obviously
> do ?
>
> Could it be something completely different that is wrong ?

No, you probably have missed the line in the INSTALL file
that said you needed to pass --with-dbm=db4 --with-berkeley-db=/path/to/db4

Sander