Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2007/12/20 07:26:21 UTC

Adding ability to map parties to GlAccounts

What about adding the ability to define mappings for
GlAccountTypeId-->GlAccountId, within the context of an organization,
specific for parties (or party groups/party classifications?) in a
specified role?

The idea is to define a mapping like these:
* "sales invoice transactions for the customer party id 10001 are posted
to the account id 999999"

* "sales invoice transactions for the customers with classification
'important customers' are posted to the account id 8888888"

* "purchase invoices transactions for supplier 120000 are posted to the
account 876555"

We should define a new entity (entities?), but I'm not sure about the
best layout; maybe:

PartyGlAccount:
  organizationPartyId (PK)
  partyId (PK)
  roleTypeId (PK)
  glAccountTypeId (PK)
  glAccountId

Any suggestions?

Jacopo

Re: Adding ability to map parties to GlAccounts

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
This sounds like a good idea to me and the Entity is simple enough for me to understand and approve, no suggestions.

Jacques

From: "Jacopo Cappellato" <ti...@sastau.it>