Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Shaun Clements <Sh...@celona.com> on 2008/10/15 16:04:31 UTC

Patch Creation of content

Hi
I am appealing to your expertise, and would like to enquire as to
whether it is possible presently, to patch a path (recursively)
including all files/folders new and versioned etc, into a patch file?
I am finding this impossible to do with the current command line
functions because they don't cater for newly created directories/files.

I hope you can help me with my question

Many thanks
Shaun Clements
Subversion Enthusiast

Re: Patch Creation of content

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
This isn't about the development of Subversion so it belongs on the
users@subversion.tigris.org list.

Shaun Clements wrote on Wed, 15 Oct 2008 at 17:04 +0100:
> Hi
> I am appealing to your expertise, and would like to enquire as to
> whether it is possible presently, to patch a path (recursively)
> including all files/folders new and versioned etc, into a patch file?
> I am finding this impossible to do with the current command line
> functions because they don't cater for newly created directories/files.

Do 'svn add' before you do 'svn diff'.

Daniel