Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Jochen Topf <jo...@remote.org> on 2002/07/15 09:38:39 UTC

XHTML and [$ hidden $]

Hi!

Having something like
  <input type="..." name="...">
and using [$ hidden $], it will be converted to
  <input type="..." name="..." value="...">
which is fine.

But I am trying to use XHTML, where the syntax would be
  <input type="..." name="..." />   (*)
which is converted to
  <input type="..." name="..." / value="...">
which is not ok. Instead it should, of course, be
  <input type="..." name="..." value="..." />

*) note the space before the slash. This is so that HTML browsers will
   still understand it.

Jochen
--
Jochen Topf  jochen@remote.org  http://www.remote.org/jochen/  +49-721-388298

Re: XHTML and [$ hidden $]

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
Hi!

> But I am trying to use XHTML, where the syntax would be

I see the problem. It would be necessary to add something like an output
mode, which tells EMbperl to create XHTML. I put it on the todo list, but I
will not be able to work on this before the OSCON is over.

Gerald