Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by scohen <sc...@scohen.mysticjj.com> on 2004/10/13 22:30:41 UTC

I am getting Argument "" isn't numeric

I had this issue before where I got an error like this:

"Argument "" isn't numeric in addition (+) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Mail/SpamAssassin/Conf/Parser.pm line 572."

I understand that you are supposed to change the rewrite subject line to
rewrite_header, which I did. My local.cf file is below

#rewrite_subject 0
#report_safe 1
rewrite_header Subject ****SPAM(_SCORE_)****
use_bayes 1
bayes_auto_learn
bayes_path /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes
bayes_file_mode 0777
required_hits           6

my user_prefs file is blank.

So why am i getting "Argument "" isn't numeric in addition" when I run:

spamassassin --lint < mesg?

What other configuration file would have rewrite subject?

Steve Cohen

Re: I am getting Argument "" isn't numeric

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Wed, Oct 13, 2004 at 04:30:41PM -0400, scohen wrote:
> bayes_auto_learn

That line is the problem, you need a 1 or 0 (zero) there.

Michael

Re: I am getting Argument "" isn't numeric

Posted by scohen <sc...@scohen.mysticjj.com>.

On Wed, 13 Oct 2004, Matt Kettler wrote:

> At 04:30 PM 10/13/2004, scohen wrote:

> Your error is in the bayes_auto_learn line.. you need to specify a 1 or a 0
> after it.

Thanks! I can't believe I missed that.

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.