Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Unger Richard <ru...@camino.at> on 2002/09/16 14:55:38 UTC

Slide Programming Qs regarding Users

Hi!

I am in the process of creating a SlideUserDatabase class for authentication
under tomcat 4.1 based on the users in the slide database...

A couple of comments/questions:

1. How do I get at the list of roles? As far as I can tell, there is an
interface for each role in slide, but the classes do not inherit from a
common interface, so I cannot get a list of the roles using reflection. The
NamespaceConfig maintains a table of role-name to role-interface mappings
(called roleMappings), but roleMappings is protected in NamespaceConfig,
NamespaceConfig is final, and there are no accessor methods. So as near as I
can tell there's no way to get at this information.

2. Is it correct to work at the 'structure' level when dealing with the
/user collection? When adding/deleting users and groups, is it enough to
create/remove the ObjectNodes in the structure, or do I have to
create/remove content as well? Are the users versioned?

3. Where would I get a slide-token from to implement the UserDatabase?
Basically, the userdatabase needs root priveleges, so it can read/write all
users, but the userdatabase is created at tomcat startup, so no user has
logged in whose principal could be used for credentials. Is it enough to
create a principal using the username "root", and creating a SlideToken with
this?

Thanks for your help!

Richie