Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Nithya Mani <ni...@webmethods.com> on 2007/03/23 11:01:32 UTC

Does Jackrabbit support content comparison?

Hi,

Does Jackrabbit support to find difference between any two versions of a
document? I mean to say like cvs diff -r 1.0 -r 1.0.1 doc1. If not, is there
any plan to support it going forward?

Thanks,

Nithya Mani
Senior Developer, webMethods
nithya@webmethods.com
IM: nithya_infravio (Yahoo)

Re: Does Jackrabbit support content comparison?

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 3/23/07, Nithya Mani <ni...@webmethods.com> wrote:
> Does Jackrabbit support to find difference between any two versions of a
> document? I mean to say like cvs diff -r 1.0 -r 1.0.1 doc1.

No. With versioning you will be able to retrieve the contents of all
the document versions, but a diff-like feature is not included.

> If not, is there any plan to support it going forward?

No. The JCR API doesn't specify such functionality, and you should be
able to use existing external diff tools to find the difference of
versions stored in the Jackrabbit version storage.

BR,

Jukka Zitting