Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by John <jo...@quivinco.com> on 2014/09/30 11:13:47 UTC

Tapestry via PHP proxy

I'd like to be able to embed my tapestry pages including form interactions via PHP script on a remote host.

Is there any simple way to accoumplish this? I need to hide the application server with my Tapestry app from the client, so I need some kind of proxy interaction.

John

---

Re: Tapestry via PHP proxy

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
Or you could decorate the BaseUrlSource service to check for request
headers etc.

Re: Tapestry via PHP proxy

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tapestry via PHP proxy

Posted by John <jo...@quivinco.com>.
Thanks for this.

Re: Tapestry via PHP proxy

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 01 Oct 2014 05:31:08 -0300, John <jo...@quivinco.com> wrote:

> But thanks for the point about URL rewriting, that seems to be the main
> problem. Could some Tapestry filter rewite the URLs based on the request
> header,

You can do that using the LinkRewriter API or the old Tapestry URL
rewriter API (for incoming URLs, the old API is easier to use than
LinkRewriter): https://github.com/thiagohp/tapestry-url-rewriter.

<dependency>
     <groupId>br.com.arsmachina</groupId>
     <artifactId>tapestry-url-rewriter</artifactId>
     <version>2.0.0</version>
</dependency>

Re: Tapestry via PHP proxy

Posted by John <jo...@quivinco.com>.
Hi,

Yes I tried iframe already, but I have had problems with some Tapestry mixins, for example the jquery Tooltip mixin will spill the title text over the edge of the frame causing to the text to crop. And I don't want the server address serving Tapestry to turn up in the broswer history. Some of my clients will want to embed my Tapestry components into their PHP pages.

But thanks for the point about URL rewriting, that seems to be the main problem. Could some Tapestry filter rewite the URLs based on the request header, or maybe just an extra request parameter? Or maybe this should all be done in PHP.

John
Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tapestry via PHP proxy

Posted by Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>.
He probably has existing stuff.  So not really a reverse proxy to app
server.
Like,

<?php

stuff going on here

?>

<tapestry form here>
And wants the tapestry stuff to be embedded here - like a cool form
</tapestry form here>

<?php

and go back to php here

?>

<footer>
   All in the same page, copyright 2020 (me).
</footer>

Re: Tapestry via PHP proxy

Posted by Charlouze <me...@charlouze.com>.

Re: Tapestry via PHP proxy

Posted by John <jo...@quivinco.com>.
You are right, just wondering if anyone has achieved success with this here.

My main concern comes with how tapestry secures forms.

John
  Sounds more like a php question than a tapestry question.
   On 30 Sep 2014 10:14, "John" <jo...@quivinco.com> wrote:

  > I'd like to be able to embed my tapestry pages including form interactions
  > via PHP script on a remote host.
  >
  > Is there any simple way to accoumplish this? I need to hide the
  > application server with my Tapestry app from the client, so I need some
  > kind of proxy interaction.
  >
  > John
  >
  > ---
  > protection is active.