Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca> on 2005/09/01 17:40:54 UTC

Cannot Create New Jetspeed-2 Portal using Maven Plugin

I have been trying to follow the instructions at:

http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2/getting-started.html

and/or

http://dlsthoughts.blogspot.com/2005/07/
jetspeed-2-build-process-clean-up-step.html

But everytime I get to the step for:
maven j2:genapp.portal

I simply get the message:

Goal "j2:genapp.portal" does not exist in this project.

Please excuse my maven ignorance as I am brand new to it (but am trying!).
Should I be in a particular directory on my system when I go to run this?

Please help! I have been at this for hours!!!

Re: Cannot Create New Jetspeed-2 Portal using Maven Plugin

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@yahoo.ca>.
Aaron Evans <aaronmevans <at> yahoo.ca> writes:

> But everytime I get to the step for:
> maven j2:genapp.portal
>
> I simply get the message:
>
> Goal "j2:genapp.portal" does not exist in this project.

Aaron Evans <aaronmevans <at> yahoo.ca> writes:
I figured it out.  At some point along the way the goal name was changed from
genapp.portal to portal.genapp.