Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com> on 2014/07/10 08:38:30 UTC

platformId for new windows template

There is the following important property provided by cordova.js - 'cordova.platformId' which specifies the platform app runs on.  Since we introduced support of new Windows Universal Apps which could be compiled for Windows 8.0, Windows 8.1, Windows Phone 8.1 we should agree what to report as a platformId for those target platforms.

As of 3.5.0 we report:
. 'windowsphone' on WP8
. 'windows8' on Windows 8.0
. Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone 8.1 are not supported

Proposed:
. 'windowsphone' on WP8 (wp8 continues to be separate platform, no changes here)
. 'windows8' when compiled as Windows 8.0 (to be compliant with old code)
. 'windows' for Windows 8.1 and Windows Phone8.1. This will be consistent with iOS where we  report 'ios' for both tablets and phones.

So, I propose to continue using old values for previously supported target platforms and start reporting 'windows' for the new targets.

Thx!
Sergey

Re: platformId for new windows template

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.