Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/05 22:15:06 UTC

Missing SAX parser with Java 5?

Hi,

I am trying to convert a first program (Apache XML-RPC) from Maven 1 to
Maven 2. After doing eclipse:eclipse, my unit tests run fine within
Eclipse. However, "mvn test" fails with the following exception:

   javax.xml.parsers.FactoryConfigurationError: Provider for
     javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory cannot be found
       at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory.newInstance(Unknown Source)

Being a Java 5 user with the builtin com.sun.org.apache.xerces parser, I
have no explanation, what might be wrong. Any ideas? I'll attach the
test report with the system properties, in case that might answer any
questions.

In case you'd like to reproduce the problem: Checkout the
b20050512_streaming branch from
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/webservices/xmlrpc/

Regards,

Jochen

Re: Missing SAX parser with Java 5?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
This is a known issue (see the maven-surefire-plugin component in JIRA).

- Brett