Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Joseph Turian <tu...@gmail.com> on 2005/07/26 06:57:10 UTC

enable-auto-props does not work for svn:keywords

Dear Subversion community,

I cannot get enable-auto-props to work.
Specifically, I would like svn:keywords="Id Date Author Revision
LastChangedDate" on EVERY file.

The short version of the question is:
What do I need to do to get svn:keywords auto-prop to update the $Id$ text
of files already checked-in to the repository?

Details:

Here is my .subversion/config file:
[miscellany]
enable-auto-props = yes
[auto-props]
* = svn:keywords=Id Date Author Revision LastChangedDate

Now, there's file "foo" that's already in the repository, and this file
contains just:
$Id$
[EOF]

If I remove the file and then do an 'svn update', it pulls 'foo' from the
repository but does not update the $Id$ text.
If I add a blank line to the file and commit it, the $Id$ text still remains
unchanged.

How can I get the $Id$ text to expand given my auto-props?

I have tried changing my config file such that the keywords list is quoted
and unquoted, neither works.

Thank you for any help you can offer

Joseph

--
http://www.cs.nyu.edu/~turian/

Re: enable-auto-props does not work for svn:keywords

Posted by Joseph Turian <tu...@gmail.com>.
Hannes,

Thank you for clarifying that for me.

One more question:
In the config file, will both of the following work?

* = svn:keywords=Id Date Author Revision LastChangedDate
* = svn:keywords="Id Date Author Revision LastChangedDate"

Thanks,
Joseph

Posted by Hannes Erven <h....@gmx.at>.
Hi Joseph,

> Now, there's file "foo" that's already in the repository, and this file
> contains just:

autoprops does its magic only when adding or importing files, says the book:

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-book.html#svn.advanced.props.auto

# Subversion also provides the auto-props feature, which allows you to
# create mappings of filename patterns to property names and values.
# These mappings are made in your runtime configuration area. *They
# again affect adds and imports*, [...]

-hannes

Re: enable-auto-props does not work for svn:keywords

Posted by Blair Zajac <bl...@orcaware.com>.
Joseph Turian wrote:

> Dear Subversion community,
>
> I cannot get enable-auto-props to work.
> Specifically, I would like svn:keywords="Id Date Author Revision
> LastChangedDate" on EVERY file.
>
> The short version of the question is:
> What do I need to do to get svn:keywords auto-prop to update the $Id$
> text of files already checked-in to the repository?
>

> Details:
>
> Here is my .subversion/config file:
> [miscellany]
> enable-auto-props = yes
> [auto-props]
> * = svn:keywords=Id Date Author Revision LastChangedDate
>
> Now, there's file "foo" that's already in the repository, and this file
> contains just:
>    $Id$
> [EOF]
>
> If I remove the file and then do an 'svn update', it pulls 'foo' from
> the repository but does not update the $Id$ text.
> If I add a blank line to the file and commit it, the $Id$ text still
> remains unchanged.
>
> How can I get the $Id$ text to expand given my auto-props?
>
> I have tried changing my config file such that the keywords list is
> quoted and unquoted, neither works.
>
> Thank you for any help you can offer
>
>     Joseph

Just last week I wrote a Python script that applies to matching files and directories in your working copy the properties listed in your $HOME/.subversion/config file.

You can find the script at

http://svn.collab.net/repos/svn/trunk/contrib/client-side/svn_apply_autoprops.py

Regards,
Blair