Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2008/03/20 20:56:07 UTC

Re: mavn build errors

On 3/20/08, Ritz123 <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  Trying to build Wicket from svn trunk - tried mvn eclipse:eclipse and mvn
>  install - keep getting mojo descriptors not found error.
>
>  [INFO] Building Wicket Quickstart Archetype
>  [INFO]    task-segment: [install]
>  [INFO]
>  [INFO] [plugin:descriptor]
>  [INFO] Using 2 extractors.
>  [INFO] Applying extractor for language: java
>  [INFO] Extractor for language: java found 0 mojo descriptors.
>  [INFO] Applying extractor for language: bsh
>  [INFO] Extractor for language: bsh found 0 mojo descriptors.
>  [INFO]
>  [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
>  [INFO]
>  [INFO] Error extracting plugin descriptor: 'No mojo descriptors found in
>  plugin'

There has been a bug discovered in Maven's "plugin-plugin" version 2.4:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPLUGIN-102

You guys need to lock down your version to 2.3.

Re: mavn build errors

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On 3/20/08, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought they were locking down the plugins in the master pom? Did
>  that ever fly?

I'm not aware of a master pom.  I'm not a maven expert by any means.
I just happened to run into this bug yesterday in our build system and
had to run it down.  Maybe post a comment on that bug report asking
about that?

Re: mavn build errors

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
I thought they were locking down the plugins in the master pom? Did
that ever fly?

Martijn

On 3/20/08, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
> On 3/20/08, Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  > We don't use the plugin plugin, so why should we lock it down? Do we
>  >  need to know all the versions of all the plugins of maven that exist?
>  >

> You use it because you have an archetype.  Archetypes are maven
>  plugins.  Unfortunately, you do need to know all of the plugins you
>  are using if you're going to lock them down.  They say you can use the
>  enforcer plugin to do it more easily, but it has a bug in it.

Apache Wicket 1.3.2 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.2

Re: mavn build errors

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Re: mavn build errors

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: mavn build errors

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
On 3/20/08, Ritz123 <ri...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks for the quick response.
>
>  Just to complete the thread - for ppl like me who are not too familiar with
>  maven - the way to force plugin version - in our case plugin-plugin is the
>  plugin!! Add that to Wicket top level pom.xml file under <build> section
>  along with other plugins. Make sure in the corresponding Plugin-Management
>  section you provide the exact version number.
>
>  Maven gurus correct me if I am wrong - but thats how I resolved my issue.

Yep, that's the way I did it.  The fix is in the comments of the JIRA
issue I referred to before.  There's also an example project attached
that exhibits the behavior.  The Tapestry folks think it's related to
the fact that there is no source code in the archetype.

Re: mavn build errors

Posted by Ritz123 <ri...@gmail.com>.