Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Jason Haar <ja...@trimble.com> on 2017/10/13 02:48:52 UTC

auto-provisioning for auth-header?

Hi there

Is there any way to have guacamole auto-provision a new profile the first
time a user connects? In particular I was wanting a set of default RDP/SSH
connectors (ie equivalent to /etc/skel for Linux account creation)

Thanks

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +1 408 481 8171

Re: auto-provisioning for auth-header?

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 10:49 PM Jason Haar <ja...@trimble.com> wrote:

> Hi there
>
> Is there any way to have guacamole auto-provision a new profile the first
> time a user connects? In particular I was wanting a set of default RDP/SSH
> connectors (ie equivalent to /etc/skel for Linux account creation)

No, this functionality does not currently exists in Guacamole (to my
knowledge, anyway).  However, I wonder if the token functionality might
work for you, instead?  If you layer JDBC and Header authentication, you
can then use the ${GUAC_USERNAME} token in your connection so that the name
of the logged in user will be placed into whatever connection parameter you
want (like the username field).  Perhaps that would accomplish the end goal
you're aiming for?

-Nick