Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Harvey Saayman <Ha...@nerdshack.com> on 2007/08/03 01:47:04 UTC

[users@httpd] minimim server

hi there...

i cant seem to get a server online with the minimim directives used... all i want to do at this point is get a simple html showing... this is what i have in my httpd.conf

im using WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK 2 and apache 2.2.4

ServerName  www.HarveySaayman.com
Listen  80 (i tried 192.168.1.1:80 aswell)

ServerAdmin  HarveySaayman@nerdshack.com

ErrorLog  c:\www\error.log
DocumentRoot  C:\WWW

according to an article i got off the net this should work... when i start the server it shows no errors but i can reach that page in a browser

in c:\www i have an index.htm and my empty error log was made there aswell as i set it up 2....

what am i missing or doin wrong?

thanx
                 HaRvEy SaaymaN
     HarveySaayman@nerdshack.com

       <<---< Chaos reigns within >--->>
<<---< Reflect, repent, and reboot >--->>
         <<---< Order shall return >--->>