Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Chris Hellberg <od...@soa.co.nz> on 2003/01/23 21:37:39 UTC

[users@httpd] ipv6 and httpd-2.0.44

I've got a bunch of mirrors on an apache server running 2.0.44 with
NameVirtualHosts. This works fine, however when requesting a page over
v6 transport, I get wierd things happening.

I telnet to the server on port 80 and request a page, however nothing is
displayed when returning the page. The strange thing is when running a
packet dump of the session, the server appears to send the data back.
The first packet is the first 1KBish bytes of the page, then comes
another 1KB of data, but during this time the client isn't ACKing and
the server keeps retransmitting the first packet.

However, if I do the same connection from the server itself, the packets
work fine. There aren't any firewalls in the way and this happens to
others off the LAN where the server is. I've verified this on two
machines, one OpenBSD and the other Linux 2.4.18.

The URL for the v6-accessible site is:

http://qmail.ipv6.soa.co.nz

the v4 version is

http://qmail.soa.co.nz